- Fats in blood.
The triglicéridos level is realized by means of an analysis of the blood whey in a normal sample.
WHY IS THE STUDY REALIZED?
The triglicéridos are part of the fat of the human body. The fats of the human body are the neutral fats, the combined lípidos, and the esteroles.
The neutral fats are formed by greasy acids, linoleico, esteárico, araquidónico, and palmítico. The union of three greasy acids of these by means of an esterificación produces the triglicérido. Once joined they are stored in the adipose textile (fat) of the body, for his later use, being a fats store quickly usable.
They are used to produce energy. The greasy acids penetrate for the diet and they are supported in the blood up to his deposit. If this ingestion - absorption - deposit turns out to be shaken they appear in the blood in excess and favor the badges deposit in the veins and arteries. For it the analysis of the triglicéridos is a part of an evaluation of factors of coronary risk.
The triglicéridos are a way of storing energy in the shape of deposits in the muscles and in adipose textile. When contribution they realize efforts without sufficient they are mobilized between the meals, in accordance with the energy that the organism needs.
SKILL OF ACHIEVEMENT
To realize this analysis it is needed to be on an empty stomach at least 6 previous hours.
The results can be altered by the pregnancy, and by the capture of medicines (colestiramina, feminine hormones).
It is possible to realize the capture in an appropriate place (consultation, clinic, hospital) but sometimes it is realized in the proper domicile of the patient.
To realize the capture it is needed of locating an appropriate vein and in general there are used the veins placed in the flexura of the elbow. The person entrusted to take the sample will use sanitary gloves, a needle (with a syringe or pipe of extraction).
It will put a tortor (tape of gum - latex) in the arm so that the veins retain more blood and turn out to be more visible and accessible.
It will clean the area of the prick with an antiseptic one and by means of a palpación it will locate the appropriate vein and will gain access to her with the needle. They will release the tortor.
When the blood flows for the needle the sanitary one will realize an aspiration (by means of the syringe or by means of the application of a pipe with gap).
On having finished the capture, it extracts the needle to itself and the area is pressed with a cotton or similar torunda to favor the coagulation and it will indicate him to itself that flexione the arm and the area pressed with a Band-Aid supports for some hours.
PROBLEMS AND POSSIBLE RISKS
- The securing by means of a prick of the vein can produce certain pain.
- The possible difficulty in finding the appropriate vein can give place to several pricks.
- Appearance of a haematoma (bruise or cardinal) in the extraction area. It is due usually to the fact that the vein has not closed well after the later pressure and blood has kept on going out producing this problem. Type Hirudoid can apply an ointment to itself ® or Trombocid ® in the area.
- Inflammation of the vein (phlebitis). Sometimes the vein turns out to be shaken, well be for a cause merely physically or why it has become infected. It will have to support the relaxed area a few days and type Hirudoid can apply an ointment to itself ® or Trombocid ® in the area. If the problem persists or appears fever will have to consult it with his doctor.
||less than 150 mg/dl
||150 to 199 mg/dl
||200 to 499 mg/dl
||500 mg/dl or Superior
EVALUATION OF ABNORMAL RESULTS
The developing triglicéridos levels collaborate to a major risk of vascular illnesses, so much cardiac (infarctions, angina pectoris) as cerebral (ictus). The developing levels if they collaborate persons with obesity and/or diabetes perform the highest risk of enduring these illnesses.
The developing triglicéridos can reflect:
- Hepatic cirrhosis.
- Diabetes badly controlled.
- Familiar Hiperlipoproteinemia.
- Poor proteins ingestion in the diet and high in carbohydrates.
- Syndrome nefrótico.
The diminished triglicéridos can reflect:
- Diet poor in fats
- Malabsorción syndrome.
TO SEE ALSO
WHAT DOCTOR CAN TREAT ME?