- Hemoglobin A1,
- Hemoglobin glucosilada,
- Index of control of the diabetes,
The analysis of the hemoglobin glicosilada shows the average level of sugar (glucose) in his blood in the last six to eight weeks.
The hemoglobin is a protein that the red globules or red blood corpuscles take. The sugar of the blood joins the hemoglobin to form the hemoglobin A1 (glicosilada).
If the blood contains more sugar the hemoglobin glicosilada increases and especially that remains increased for 120 days. That's why the measurement of the hemoglobin glicosilada reflects all the increases and descents of the sugar in his blood in the past eight or more weeks.
The hemoglobin A1 is an average of the level of his sugar in the last months, while an examination for sugar in the blood (glucose) only indicates him the state of his control of diabetes in a certain point.
WHY IS THE ANALYSIS REALIZED?
It has many utilities, between them:
- To value the treatment of a diabetic, as for dosage or fulfillment.
- To compare the treatments and used rules
- To measure the glycemia increases in the newly diagnosed diabetics
- To value the changes of the glycemia for light diabetics
- To individualize the treatments in the diabetics
- Diabetics' evaluation lábiles or with big changes of his glycemia
- To differentiate the hyperglycemia of the diabetics of other sharp causes (stress, infarction).
PROCEDURE OF SECURING
- To realize this analysis to be on an empty stomach is not needed.
- It is necessary to bear in mind that certain hemoglobinopatías can modify the results.
- It is possible to realize the capture in an appropriate place (consultation, clinic, hospital) but sometimes it is realized in the proper domicile of the patient.
- To realize the capture it is needed of locating an appropriate vein and in general there are used the veins placed in the flexura of the elbow. The person entrusted to take the sample will use sanitary gloves, a needle (with a syringe or pipe of extraction).
- It will put a tortor (tape of gum - latex) in the arm so that the veins retain more blood and turn out to be more visible and accessible.
- It will clean the area of the prick with an antiseptic one and by means of a palpación it will locate the appropriate vein and will gain access to her with the needle. They will release the tortor.
- When the blood flows for the needle the sanitary one will realize an aspiration (by means of the syringe or by means of the application of a pipe with gap).
- On having finished the capture, it extracts the needle to itself and the area is pressed with a cotton or similar torunda to favor the coagulation and it will indicate him to itself that flexione the arm and the area pressed with a Band-Aid supports for some hours.
- The abstracted blood moves to the analysis laboratory in a special pipe for biochemistry, which contains an anticoagulant product. In general more than 10 milliliters of blood are not usually necessary for a standard battery of biochemical parameters.
PROBLEMS AND POSSIBLE RISKS
NORMAL VALUES OF HEMOGLOBIN GLICOSILADA (HbA1)
- The securing by means of a prick of the vein can produce certain pain.
- The possible difficulty in finding the appropriate vein can give place to several pricks.
- Appearance of a haematoma (bruise or cardinal) in the extraction area, is due usually to the fact that the vein has not closed well after the later pressure and blood has kept on going out producing this problem. Type Hirudoid can apply an ointment to itself ® or Trombocid ® in the area.
- Inflammation of the vein (phlebitis), sometimes the vein turns out to be shaken, well be for a cause merely physically or why it has become infected. It will have to support the relaxed area a few days and type Hirudoid can apply an ointment to itself ® or Trombocid ® in the area. If the problem persists or appears fever will have to consult it with his doctor.
||2,2 to 4,8 %|
||1,8 to 4 %|
|well controlled diabetics
||2,5 to 5,9 %|
|diabetics with sufficient control
||6 to 8 %|
|diabetics badly controlled
||major than 8 %|
In these values there can be certain differences for the skill or for proper criteria of normality of concrete laboratories, sometimes in the status of values and other times for the units to which one alludes.
EVALUATION OF ABNORMAL RESULTS
Developing Hemoglobin levels appear glicosilada in:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes mellitus badly controlled
- You present yourself without spleen
Diminished Hemoglobin levels appear glicosilada in:
- Anemia hemolítica
- Renal illnesses
- Chronic losses of blood
TO SEE ALSO
WHAT DOCTOR CAN TREAT ME?